Today was a real third act kinda day so it fit pretty well with The Empire Strikes Back. I don’t mean to imply anything tragic occurred. It was more like a long day of chores with a little too much TV thrown in…. Give me a break, it happens.
So they started off with 6-grain organic pancakes and syrup in the shape of Star Wars figures. These pancake molds were generously given to us last summer by the Captain’s aunt and we have certainly put them to good use!
Post pancakes, the chores started. We needed to get the oil changed so I pack up a bunch of Star Wars worksheets and activities. The word scramble and Wookie Word Search really kept Cinco almost the entire time. And, of course, LEGO Star Wars Mad Libs!!!
Next we had to drive Jillian to the airport… Ah the glamorous life of a single-girl..so she could run off to a wine and kayak trip in the Northwest. This meant the kiddos had to spend about and 1 hour and 1/2 in the car. But due to the wonder of Audible.com We listened to a NPR serialized version of The Empire Strikes Back in the car!
Finally back home, we got a few crafts finished! Cinco designed his own At-At Walker. I loved the creativity!
- Small Water Bottle
- Five old wine corks
- Glue Gun And Sticks–I like the Martha Stewart one
- Tin Foil
- 4 Water Bottle Caps
- Stick one of the wine corks in the water bottle whole (you can glue if needed).
- Wrap the water bottle in tin foil– Now you have the At-At body.
- Wrap the four left over wine corks in tin foil.
- Glue the water bottle cap to the tin foiled wine cork– now you have the At-At legs.
- Glue the four “legs” onto the “body”
- Wrap the toothpicks in tin foil.
- Glue the tin foil toothpicks to the At-At Walker in the position of guns.
- You now have an At-At Walker by Cinco!
Then The Empire Strikes Back and some Yoda Soda… I doctored the recipe and used lemon sorbet and green food coloring — it’s what I had on hand, but the kids were happy!