Keeping up with the Mom Camp blog, Cinco and The Princess, as well as the house work has been a challenge this summer! It turns out that I have over planed activities for some of the Mom Camp theme days, so we may have some spill over onto other days. Mom Camp Day 10 was dedicated to non-other than the adorable characters create by A.A. Milne in his Winnie the Pooh books. The Princess is a huge Winnie fan and listens to the stories all the time so she requested a Mom Camp Day for the little bear and his pals.
I found a map of the Hundred Acre Woods online and printed out a copy. We pretended each room in the house was a different place on the map and did an activity in the room.
- Pooh Bear’s House was the kitchen and we started by baking multigrain biscuits and smothering them with honey.
- Kanga’s House was the family island where we keep the computer. We did some online coloring pages and mazes.
- The Bee Tree became our kitchen table and we made our own bee trees out of paper towel rolls. We cut out a small oval in each ‘tree’ and covered the rolls in green paper leaves. We also added a few green sparkle leaves for a little flair.
Of course, what would a bee tree be without a bee? We also created our own bees out of pipe cleaners and added google eyes to the bees. We mounted the bees on pipe cleans and hung them from the trees. The kids then made the kids buzz in and out of the tree’s whole. We added a cut out and colored Winnie-the-Pooh complete with a red balloon. Pooh was mounted on a pipe cleaner as well and they kids chased him with the bee.
- Owl’s House was the library and we completed a Winnie-the-Pooh puzzle I purchased at the Dollar Store.
- Where the Woozle Wasn’t was a dance party around the family island. We played Winnie-the-pooh music and went round and round in a dancing/marching circle to look for a Woozle.