Okay, okay. This might not be the most fun activity ever, but I do think we need to start the summer off with a toy clean out! How are we going to find any thing with a toy bin that looks like it was the product of an FBI warrant search?
To make the day a little less painful, I have attempted to theme it out….
1. Toy based worksheets:
Cinco even woke up saying the worksheets looked fun and wanted to them right away. Go figure.
For Cinco, I found some great worksheets on money and shopping at a toy store on Eduction.com. Also, I discovered that ESL worksheets can be a great tool for younger children still learning english themselves. You can find some toy themed worksheets at ESLkidslab.com.
2. Books: We themed out our reading today with books like:
- The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams
- Olivia and the Missing Toy by Ian Falconer
- Toys in Space by Mini Grey
3. Movie: For our movie time (also known as mom makes dinner time) we watched The Velveteen Rabbit. The movie was a little different from the original story, but the kids still liked it.
Non-Toy themes activities: Included Cinco’s batting cage practice.